Sunday, March 22, 2009

Got the visas


I downloaded visa application forms for Nepal & Sikkim (maybe it'll save time when we're there-maybe not)
We have a ton of passport sized photos & proof of all sorts of bill paying & residency & what-not. (we're planning to get Sim cards when we're in Mumbai-& I've read it can be a bit of a hassle, but I think I'm fully prepared as foraging for Sim cards is one of my "specialities"!)
Am reading about the trains in Mumbai. I recall we got one from Delhi to Agra & it was smooth-not too crowded, windows open-it was nice. (dirty of course) 
We have booked a hotel In Mumbai already called The Residency in the Fort area. It has a good rating & is higher than we need to go, only we thought we'd try & ease ourselves into th'mayhem rather than just diving straight in head 1st in a foolhardy fashion which I'm won't to do! I also called a lil'guesthouse called The Sunflower Guesthouse in South Kolkata. They didn't speak much English at all & my Hindi isn't that great, so I hope we have a reservation. These are the only places we are reserving from here. Once we get going we'll just call ahead (as is our plan)

No comments:

Post a Comment