Sunday, March 22, 2009

stuff to take




           --We are testing our our backpacks--

We decided this afternoon during our "Drypack" that we would do without our lovely micro-packeable sleepng bags we purchased from Paragon. They were not "heavy hitters" but did the job & rolled up into miniscule packages. However, the room for those packages, we think we may need as just "spare". We need some air in my backpack for things like water &....I dunno...something. We shall really only be trugging around with these backpacks while we're walking from a tuk tuk to a hotel or to a train station or bus or something. We plan to do no trekking with our bags as if we did, we'd just leave them in a hut somewhere...I think...

We also got rid of all of our rain gear-A very dumb move you may think in the light of it being prime monsoon time while we're  in Mumbai & Kolkata. BUT-the reason I went against the rain coverings this time was owing to our last monsoon Delhi experience. I was dying to wear my lovely new rain jacket to be shielded from the terrential rains. Low & behold, only few people sported rain jackets & they mainly went for brollies insead. I now see the reasoning. The rain can be sporadic & you don't want to have to be dragging that jacket on & off. Also, an unbrella totally fits the job. You can wip it out fast & get your protection almost immedietely. The rain jacket is cumbersome and worst of all....HOT AS HELL in those humid monsoonic conditions---urgh-neverrrr again-nothanks-not mesir.

So I have a little empty spot in by backpack to lay my head .

No comments:

Post a Comment